Strawberries and Cream Cake.
2 1/2 cups cake flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon strawberry flavouring
3/4 teaspoon pink or red food colouring
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottoms of 2 (9-inch) cake pans with parchment paper. Lightly coat each pan with baking spray; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium-high speed with an electric mixer for approximately 4 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add preserves and then add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down sides of bowl and add vanilla extract, strawberry flavouring and enough food colouring to achieve desired color.
4. Reduce mixer speed to low and add flour mixture and ending with flour mixture. Spread mixture evenly in the prepared tin.
5. Bake on the middle rack of oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Decorate with icing of your choice. I used Betty Crocker "Vanilla" Frosting.
- Melt some chocolate pieces in a tiny saucepan and use a piping bag or piping gun to place a design on top of the icing.
- Considering this is a strawberry cake, it's only fitting to put a fresh strawberry on top :)
Post a Comment