When a bottle of delicious fizzy-pop costs less than a bottle of water in most stores and shops, it’s easy to see why so many people like to drink the stuff. It tastes better, goes down more satisfyingly, and is a lot cheaper than the clear stuff. Of course, though, there’s a reason health experts will tell you not to drink these sorts of beverages. So, to help you out with this, this post will be exploring some of the reasons you should stop, along with some of the best methods to help you in this journey.
There are quite a few reasons to stop drinking a lot of the carbonated drinks you find on the shelves of stores around the world. In most cases, these reasons are directly health-related, causing issues in loads of different parts of the body. Below, you can find some examples of these. Along with this, though, it can also be worth doing some research of your own.
- Sugar is one of the biggest concerns to take into account when choosing your drinks. Carbonated options tend to be laced with the stuff, often only drinking a couple of large glasses will be enough to take up an entire day’s worth of healthy intake. When you consume too much sugar, your body will struggle to burn all of your energy, storing it as fat instead. Along with this, sugar can be bad for your heart and other parts of your body, too.
- Of course, in the modern world, there are loads of ways to make something sweet without having to fill it with sugar. Using chemicals to sweeten the mix, loads of today’s fizzy drinks are branded as diet or light options, and they’re not always as good for you as you might expect. Among other problems, one of the biggest issues these beverages cause is dulled taste. Forcing your body to deal with unnaturally sweet things all the time will always have an impact over time.
- Finally, it’s time to think about the reason behind your drinking in the first place. People and other animals need to consume water in order to survive. Our bodies are almost entirely made from it and need a constant supply if they’re going to stay in good condition. Carbonated drinks use a chemical called phosphoric acid to trick your body into thinking it’s being hydrated more than it is. In reality, though, water does a much better job of actually keeping you hydrated.
It’s very easy to talk about the negatives of a product or lifestyle choice without offering up any alternatives. This wouldn’t be a big help to you, though, so this part of the post is going to be surrounding the options you have which aren’t fizzy pop. With these in the fridge, it should be nice and easy to start drinking a little more healthily.
- As the very first alternative to carbonated drinks, water is the best option you have. This is the substance your body craves. Of course, though, a lot of people don’t like the lack of taste found in most aqua options. So, it can be very tempting to go for something nicer.
- For those looking for something with flavor, but don’t care about sweetness, milk can be another great alternative to fizzy pop. By choosing the right types, like fat-free and semi-skimmed, it’s easy to drink milk without any negative health impacts. A lot of people love this sort of drink once they get used to it instead of something carbonated.
- Unfortunately, milk isn’t for everyone, and it won’t appeal to those with a sweet tooth. In this position, flavored drink solutions come next in order of greatness. Whether it’s a cordial or squash option, a lot of people find these methods to be perfect when they’re trying to drink healthily. These are much better than fresh fruit juices which usually contain a lot of sugar.
- Finally, for some people, escaping the fizz will be almost impossible. If the texture is your favourite part of these drinks, it can be very hard to move on to options which are flat. Thankfully, though, this isn’t an issue, nowadays. Instead, you just need some sparkling water. This sort of beverage comes in loads of different varieties, offering a healthy alternative to pop, while also giving you most of the flavors you love.
Hopefully, this post will give you a good idea of what you can be doing to take carbonated drinks out of your life. This sort of lifestyle choice is very easy to improve with very little effort. Even if it’s just a matter of buying less of the drinks you enjoy.