1 and 1/3 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons melted margarine or vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoon sugar
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/4 cups milk
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Melt the margarine in the microwave for 30 sec. Beat the egg in a small bowl. Combine the beaten egg, milk, melted margine/oil and vanilla in a small bowl. Make a well in the centre of the large bowl and pour the contents in the small bowl. Stir quickly until the batter comes down freely from the sides of the bowl, it should be lumpy (do not overmix!). Lightly oil a skillet on medium heat. Drop the batter in small amounts with a ladle. Cook the pancakes until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip the pancakes and cook the other side. Transfer cooked pancakes to a plate.
- Finish your pancakes off with lashes of your favourite sauce, crushed nuts, marshmellows and some sifted icing sugar.
- With my pancakes i used chocolate sauce but you can use maple syrup, honey, caramel, strawberry or coffee sauce.
- Think about adding some whipped cream if you want to go all out.
- In the picture i do not have any nuts on mine, this is because my little sister is allergic so i'm not able to keep any nuts at my house but i would add some for flavour, it gives it a really filling taste.
- Layer your pancakes on your plate starting from largest to smallest to create a stacked effect.
~ Jordy xx